The high-performance applications in Microsoft 365, including SharePoint, OneDrive, Microsoft Teams, Yammer, Microsoft Stream, PowerApps and Microsoft Flow, enable digital transformation for more than 500,000 customer organizations and 180 million commercially active users with SharePoint design.
Today I would like to share with you the highlights of our innovations in the following areas:
- The intelligent intranet with SharePoint start sites.
- Innovations in Yammer and Microsoft Stream for employee engagement and communication.
- Intelligent file experiences, sharing and management with OneDrive.
- Boost Microsoft 365 performance, security, intelligence, and innovation.
- The intelligent intranet with SharePoint start sites
- Visionaries know that an intelligent intranet ensures an optimal employee experience, organizational alignment and cultural transformation.
- The heart of the digital workplace, an intelligent intranet, contains shared content and solutions for collaboration, connects people and content across teams and silos to leverage collective knowledge, and drives employee engagement and communication with SharePoint design.
Today, one of these visionaries, Kevin Schramm of Takeda Pharmaceuticals, head of IT Strategy and Operations, shared his compelling story. When Takeda, a leading pharmaceutical company from Japan, acquired US company Shire, they developed a SharePoint intranet in just four months to connect the workplace, promote organizational alignment and enable communication among more than 60,000 employees worldwide. Kevin said: “From day one, we wanted to work on creating a shared culture that reflects our values. A new intranet was an important part of showing the combined company to our employees. With SharePoint, we were able to meet very tight deadlines and successfully bring our organizations together.
For more than a decade, SharePoint has been building award-winning intranets for hundreds of thousands of customers, making it a leader in all regions and industries. With the move to the cloud, customers have inspired us to deliver even more out-of-the-box functionality to accelerate business returns. Since the Future of SharePoint event just three years ago, SharePoint has reinvented the intelligent intranet with flexible solutions for teamwork, empowering employee experiences, and search and content management through AI. Communication sites, organizational news, hubs, modern team sites, pages, lists, and libraries are now available across all browsers, across all devices, and in the highly regarded SharePoint mobile app.
SharePoint start sites
Today we announced a revolutionary step forward, enabling customers to achieve business returns even faster. SharePoint home sites are an intelligent, integrated employee experience, a landing page for your organization that:
The workplace connects to Microsoft Search and navigation via the mega menu .
Share relevant news and content with each user based on his/her role and place in the organization.
Keep employees engaged with conversations and interesting videos from Yammer and Microsoft Stream.
Promote individual productivity with personalized content, information and navigation.
- A news source for the organization by default . The news published on the homepage is visually marked to indicate that it is official news and is
- syndicated to all users who access the homepage.
- The landing page for the new home view in the SharePoint mobile app .
- Connectivity to the improved SharePoint home page , with improved navigation, visibility into your sites activity, views of your documents to
- help you get back to work quickly, and the improved Saved for Later view with news and content you’ve flagged to watch later.
- An enterprise-wide Microsoft Search experience from the search box on the suite bar.
- Where intranet portal projects used to be measured in months, you can now deploy a starter site in minutes and then customize and brand the out-of-the-box web parts, navigation, and site design to create your own look and feel with no code. clarify organizational priorities.
SharePoint remains a powerful platform for delivering applications on the intranet. Now you can add the many third-party applications available in Teams to any SharePoint site. And you can insert solutions created by your developers or our extensive network of SharePoint partners using the SharePoint Framework. We are pleased to announce that more than ten partners have agreed to tightly integrate their intranet products with the SharePoint intelligent intranet , providing our customers with a comprehensive range of solutions optimized for performance and compatibility with the SharePoint mobile application and future innovations with SharePoint design.
We’re proud to introduce home sites and empower customers to develop completely new, intelligent employee experiences. Learn more about SharePoint home sites and other innovations for the intelligent intranet .
Innovations in Yammer and Microsoft Stream for employee engagement and communication
SharePoint home sites integrate directly with Yammer and Microsoft Stream. Today we showcased innovations for Yammer and Microsoft Stream that enable high-performance scenarios for employee engagement, communication, and training.
Innovations for Yammer
Yammer connects people across the organization with open conversations. Yammer’s lightweight inter-device conversational experience promotes inclusivity by giving every employee a voice and the ability to express thoughts, ideas, and feedback. Yammer ‘s new Q&A feature lets you ask a question and you or a group admin can mark the best answer, making it easier to share and reuse knowledge in the future. In addition, a group can contain intelligent, blunt answers to frequently asked questions
o accelerate your organization’s success with Yammer, we’re proud to announce that e-Discovery for Yammer will be available to all customers using Yammer groups associated with Office 365 groups. To support the unique data location requirements for European customers, we are also making sure that Geo-based data storage for Yammer is available in the EU starting today. Yammer messages and files associated with Yammer messages are now stored inactive in our EU data centers, for new Yammer networks in the EU.
New functionality for Microsoft Stream
Customers are increasingly turning to video to support communication, learning and engagement. Today we celebrated new announcements for Microsoft Stream , enabling intelligent video in Microsoft 365. You can safely record, upload and share videos from the Microsoft Stream mobile app for iOS and Android . We also showed you how to easily insert polls, surveys, or quizzes into videos using Microsoft Forms .